Installation of McAfee software for Windows fails with error: Installation Incomplete
You can follow these steps in order. When you have completed each installation step, try to install McAfee antivirus again. If the installation stops with fails error messages, now continue to the next step.
Step 1: Run the McAfee Pre-Install tool The Pre-Install tool prepares your computer for installation.
- Download McAfee Pre-Install Tool.
NOTE: Save the file to a temporary location on pc, such as your desktop.
- Now “double-click” the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and follow the steps.
- Read the “warning message”, and click OK button to agree to the changes.
- After the Pre-install Tool completes:
- Click OK.
- Press Close.
- And Restart your computer.
Try the installation antivirus again. If installation fails, you should continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Temporarily enable the Admin account the installation might fail because the Windows account that you log on don’t have the sufficient permissions. Follow these steps to temporarily enable the built-in Admin account, then log in and try the installation with that account:
- Open a command prompt as Administrator:
- Click Start, and in the search box type cmd.exe.
- In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- At the prompt, type the following command and press ENTER:
net user administrator /active:yes
- Close the command prompt.
- Press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys together.
- Click Log out or Sign out, to log off from of Windows.
- On the logon screen, click the Administrator account and log on. The logon process might take longer than usual to complete.